眼睛累了不想看屏幕？在路上不方便阅读？您可以来听作者们为您朗读的这个博客喔！Don’t feel like reading? You don’t have to! Tune in to listen to our authors read you this blog.
英文原声 – English by Isabell
中文原声 – Chinese by 晴格格
The legend of Chianti is quite the tale. Florence and Sienna are both located in the Region of Tuscany, legend says that Florence and Sienna were having problems deciding where their borders lay in between their provinces. So, to settle the dispute they decided to do things a little differently. They decided to send out two knights, at the break of dawn, one from each municipality, and each would set out at the first crow of a rooster. Where both knights met in the middle would decide the official border between the two provinces.
The province of Florence decided upon a black rooster, the province of Sienna settled on a white rooster. There was a difference between the roosters in that the knight from Sienna had fed his rooster the night before, so the next morning, it crowed at the usual hour. The Florentines however had failed to feed their rooster (on purpose). This meant that the rooster awoke out of hunger, crowing extra early. So, the Florentine knight got such a head-start that he managed to get 7.5 miles from Sienna before meeting up with the other knight; having traversed almost the entire Chianti area.
Thus, the Chianti vine growing area was mostly incorporated into the Florentine area. In reality, its borders were defined in 1716 by an edict issued by Gran duke Cosimo III de’ Medici; the Chianti Classico Wine Consortium was later founded in 1924 to protect and promote this wine as well as to prevent wine fraud.
因此，基安蒂酒葡萄种植区大部分被并入佛罗伦萨地区。事实上，它的边界是由大公爵科西莫三世·德·美第奇在1716年颁布的法令确定的；经典基安蒂酒葡萄酒协会（Chianti Classico Wine Consortium）成立于1924年，旨在保护、推广这种葡萄酒并防止葡萄酒假冒伪劣。
Chianti Classico stretches between Florence and Sienna and includes 14 municipalities, Chianti produces one of the most famous wines in the world, this small wine-region produces one of the best-known wines: the Chianti Classico Wine.
Wine has been produced in this area for more than 2000 years. It is now a part of Italian heritage just like, the Colosseum, pasta and delicious tiramisu!
The rules with respect to how Chianti Classico DOCG is blended is that it must contain 80% of Sangiovese, the red grape typical of this area. It can also contain 20% of other grapes, which include, native grapes such as Canaiolo and Colorino, as well as other varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Characteristics include its ruby red color, its floral notes and dry and sapid flavor, with a good level of tannins. The minimum alcohol level should be 12°.
One of the best examples of this type of wine is from the 2016 Tenuta dell’Ornellaia, ‘Ornellaia’ Vendemia d’Artista, La Tensione. The Ornellaia winery is located in Bolgheri, Tuscany, and it is right next to the Sassicaia winery. Some other interesting producers of Chianti wine in this region is Sting’s winery, the famous singer.
Il Palagio had been harvesting and making wine since the mid-1500’s. Using organic farming methods, from 2000 onwards, Sting and his wife Trudy replanted 11 hectares of vineyards. A great example of one of their Chianti’s is their 2016 Il Palagio Sting Chianti, When We Dance (wines are named after one of his hits!), 95% Sangiovese grapes with the remaining 5% is made up of a blend of Canaiolo and Colorino. This wine is aged for 6 months in stainless steel tanks, then 3 months in-bottle, this certified organic wine is balanced and full-bodied.